After meeting with management, it seems highly likely that most of us will report in person next week. This announcement may come as a surprise, but it seems like people who work at Springfield, Creswell, South Lane, the Hospital, Serbu, and the Westmoreland Campus will be expected to report in-person to deliver distance learning. We are still not sure about 4J and some other programs. As always, these times are tricky and nothing is 100% set in stone so please keep an eye out for more details from your supervisor, or reach out to your supervisor or the union if you have questions or concerns.
We are currently working to ensure admin does the following before requiring staff to return to campuses:
- Provide clear and detailed information about when and where to report.
- That staff with health conditions or vulnerable family members will be provided accommodations.
- That staff with children who are enrolled in distance learning are provided accommodations.
- That HVAC systems are operational and in good condition.
- That there is sufficient custodial support to keep the building sanitary.
As always, we recommend you keep an eye on your mailbox and your work email, as this is how the district has been communicating. And please, reach out if you have anything that you would like us to bring to the administration on your behalf.