The contract re-opener for salary and benefits was successfully ratified on June 30, 2017 with 78 “yes” votes and 1 “no” vote. 182 ballots were electronically distributed via BallotBin.com.
Components of the agreement are:
- Step increases will be provided.
- Effective for the 2017-18 school year, salary schedules will be increased by 2.0%.
- The salary schedules for July 1 of the 2018-19 school year shall be increased by a percentage based on the average of the Portland-Salem CPI-U, Western Region CPI-U and the US Cities CPI-U. The figures used will be determined by averaging the 12-month percentage change from December to December of the Western Region and the US Cities indices and the annual change for the Portland-Salem index. The 2018-19 school year measuring period shall be December 2016 through December 2017. The annual increase will not be less than 1.25% or greater than 2.5%.
- The tiered insurance cap allocations will be increased by 3.4% each year in 2017-18 and 2018-19 as follows:
|Employee Only||Employee + Spouse||Employee + Child(ren)||Full Family|
Individuals who participated in this year’s negotiations were:
- Jeri Ingallinero, LCEA Co-President
- Dorothy Dilliplane, LCEA Co-President
- David DeBlaker, LCEA IA Representative
- Sarah Apker, LCEA Licensed Reprenstative
- Sherry Duerst-Higgins, Board Member
- Larry Sullivan, Superintendent
- Carol Knobbe, Assistant Superintendent
- Dave Standridge, Business Director
- Rose Wilde, Board Member Observer